'What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit' - John Updike

About Me

My photo
Welcome ! My name is Elly Zegers-Heusschen and I live the Netherlands. I am a very creative person with a passion for folklore and native arts and crafts. I am looking forward to sharing this passion with you.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Joint mother-daughter project

My mother, who is 87 years old, has had a passion for crafts her whole life ...occasionally she would say :  if I were to lay all my projects out on a path, I wonder how long that path would be !

Unfortunately, because her eyesight has dramatically deteriorated over the years, she was afraid she would have to give up crafting all together and this made her feel sad.  So when I was making projects for a Craft Fair, I asked her to help me ... if she could crochet some simple squares, I would turn them into a pillowcover.  See below our finished product :


We are both pretty pleased with our joint project ! Isn't it perfect to brighten up the old wicker chair ?

My mother's health is not very good at the moment .... crocheting and knitting help her to 'escape' her illness for a short while.  I try to come up with projects that are very easy for her to do.... at the moment she is knitting squares, which I will later turn into a blanket.  She enjoys making things for me and I enjoy finishing them.  I love to see her happy reaction when I show her a finished project..... it mirrors my happiness every time ;-).

Happy crafting !


1 comment: