'What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit' - John Updike

About Me

My photo
Welcome ! My name is Elly Zegers-Heusschen and I live the Netherlands. I am a very creative person with a passion for folklore and native arts and crafts. I am looking forward to sharing this passion with you.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Decorative Painting




Decorative painting is a craft, taught by a systematic step-by-step approach, and readily learned.  No previous academic training or drawing skill is necessary.  

I love to redecorate old furniture and household items and give them a new life.  Most of all I love making 'home-made' personalized gifts.  Below you'll find some inspiration:

Handpainted personalized gifts :

Christening gift

Christening gift






Trays :

Dutch traditional painting

Dutch traditional painting



Dutch traditional painting
 Candles: 



Dot-art
For the home :








Christmas :






I hope that I have been able to inspire you with the above pictures.  Should you be interested in a 'Decorative Painting' course, you can contact me at madelief.homemade@gmail.com.

Happy painting !



No comments:

Post a Comment