'What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit' - John Updike

About Me

My photo
Welcome ! My name is Elly Zegers-Heusschen and I live the Netherlands. I am a very creative person with a passion for folklore and native arts and crafts. I am looking forward to sharing this passion with you.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Crafts for Kids

Teaching crafts to kids is so much fun !  Kids are so eager to learn and so enthusiastic.  At the moment I'm teaching a class of 10 children, ages 7 to 11 once a week.  Sometimes it is a challenge  to find crafts that appeal to all the ages, but the internet is a tremendous help ... I even think I couldn't do it without .... Pinterest ! I find so many ideas and tutorials on Pinterest .... it's almost addictive ;-))

If you are interested in ideas, you are welcome to follow my board 'Crafts for Kids' on Pinterest.  Below are some ideas and pictures :


Crochet





Dot painting

  


Making paper beads

making ornaments with wool

felt bookmark

macramé friendship bracelets



Each week I try to teach the kids a new technique ... once in a while the project might take two weeks ... however, the kids don't seem to get enough of making macramé friendship bracelets ... they keep asking for more......  and next week will be the third week we'll be making friendship bracelets ;-)

When we were sewing the 'owl' felt bookmarks, one of the kids suggested to play the 'silent' game ...  and as they were 'silent' and quietly sewing I couldn't help but chuckle and think ... if anyone enters this classroom they'll think they have been catapulted back into the 19th century ... 10 little angels at a desk, quietly sewing  ;-))

I believe that kids nowadays are not only interested in computers, TV and games ...some of them still love to do crafts as much as I used to do when I was a kid ;-))

Happy crafting ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Above information is pretty good. with the reference of this post I would like to contribute some more information on wide array of crafts, gifts, handicrafts and many more.gifts suppliers

    ReplyDelete